Brain not brawn and a large pool of qualified applicants are the keys to a productive labor force in today's more sophisticated business climate. Add to that one of the rare places in the country where traditional American work ethics are a dedicated way of life and Lee County is proud to offer the nation's most outstanding combination of a skilled, productive work force within an extraordinary pro-business locale.
The best work force in the nation offers:
- Intelligence: First in the nation on average SAT composite scores, tied for first in national state by state educational standards Report Card, 78% of high school graduates head for college education, 59% employer satisfaction with educational preparation vs. 46% nationwide.
- Productivity: In output per worker hour, local performance is in top one-third of all states.
- Sophisticated Skills: In the top one-half of the nation for high-tech employment including the 16th highest number of doctoral scientists and engineers. Also in the 10 top states for technology sophistication for K-12 schools and academic research and development.
- Large available work force: More than 180,000 skilled, educated, highly-qualified workers available in the Greater Lee County influence area.
Supporting Documents and Links
- Great River Region Employment Opportunities
- Map showing potential employees to accept a position in Fort Madison
- Unemployment Rate
- 2016 Fort Madison Laborshed Report-Executive Summary
- 2016 Great River Region Laborshed Report-Executive Summary
- Labor Characteristics for Advanced Manufacturing - Fort Madison
- 2016 Trend Analysis_Fort Madison
- Southeast Iowa Workforce Needs Assessment 2015
- National Career Readiness Certificate-NCRC Analysis - Lee County
- Employer Offered Benefits Southeast Iowa Region 2015
Quick Stat-Facts - Fort Madison area: