The pro-business attitude in Fort Madison and in Iowa is better than ever.
The State of Iowa offers the nation's sixth lowest state overall cost for doing business and Fort Madison leads the movement to get that remarkable figure even lower. A major part of this extraordinarily cost-efficient situation lies in helping business slash overhead. Listed below you will find some of the programs and services that create a positive and profitable business environment. These are just a few ways that Iowa and Lee County can help with reducing the costs-of-doing business across the board. We expect that you will find choosing Fort Madison , Iowa a smart choice for your business because:
- Iowa is a right-to-work state, Fort Madison offers sensible wage structures for all levels; executive, professional, highly skilled, skilled and main force workers, More controllable overtime, bonus, extra wages costs.
- Iowa ranks 6th in the Relative Cost of Business Index, which compares business costs in each state to the national average with respect to labor and energy costs and effective tax burdens.
- Iowa comes in among the states in the top 15th lowest worker compensation costs in the nation, actually up to 20% lower than the national average.
- Iowa unemployment insurance rates rank in the bottom 10% of the nation.
- Fort Madison , Iowa has traditional American work ethics: A day's work for a day's pay.
- FMEDC knows the business climate in Iowa and in Lee County and we want to be a member of your development team from the very beginning.
View more information about the business climate in Lee County