In the simplest terms, a Chamber of Commerce is charged with furthering the interests of businesses within a designated area. As times have changed, the services and benefits offered to members has grown and evolved, but the basic principle still stands: The Chamber of Commerce is here to help your business succeed!
The Fort Madison Area Chamber of Commerce serves: Fort Madison, Montrose, West Point, Wever, Denmark, Donnellson, and Houghton in Iowa, and Nauvoo, Dallas City, and Niota in Illinois. We realize that we “can’t be everything to everyone,” but we certainly want to be a partner with businesses in our region to strengthen the communities we serve and support the quality of life that we value.
We encourage you to review the list of benefits we’ve provided and learn how membership can enhance your business.
The primary goals of the Fort Madison Area Chamber of Commerce are:
- To enhance the business environment in the Fort Madison area by: assisting business start ups, working with local elected officials to create and maintain a "business friendly" environment, recognizing the achievements of our businesses
- To represent our members by communicating with community members and public officials concerning local, state, and national public policy
- To educate members and the community on current legislation affecting businesses and our community
- To create a community network of industry managers to provide a common outlet for industry to work together to improve relations
- To offer various programs and educational opportunities for members and the community
- To enhance the quality of life in the Fort Madison area through projects and programs that will improve the overall image and livability of the Fort Madison area
- To be a resource for businesses, the community at large, visitors, and people looking to move to the area
*The Fort Madison Area Chamber of Commerce is a proud member of the United States Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
"The Fort Madison Area Chamber of Commerce is of great value to our community. They are our partners in community and economic development projects. Having a strong and vibrant Chamber helps as we work with existing and attract new businesses to our area." -Byron Smith, City Manager, Fort Madison